Learn about social justice education and leadership, impact your community, and meet amazing activist and mentors this summer!
Fun, innovative, and hands-on internship for passionate and skilled people who are eager to take on challenges, opportunities, and make a lasting difference in their community. We want to share our favorite tools and learning lessons with those in the community who are exploring their own purpose- both professionally and personally.
Want to know who you might work with this summer? Check out our youtube page!
Learn more about the position here.
21 Progress’ 2016 Summer Internship Program
Length of Commitment: 10 consecutive weeks between June 2016 – August 2016.
Weekly Time Commitment: 30 hours per week. Some weekend and evening hours likely.
Application deadline: The application process is split into three deadlines to provide flexibility and opportunity for interested applicants. Decisions will be made within two weeks of the application deadlines
Deadline 1: Applications received by March 13, 2016 will receive a decision by March 27, 2016.
Deadline 2: Applications received by April 17, 2016 will receive a decision by May 1, 2016.
Compensation: Leadership Development stipends of $1,500 will be provided. Travel reimbursements
Perks: Amazing meals (breakfast daily and potluck lunch once a week), guest speakers, themed work days!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work closely with communities of color and immigrant youth to foster leadership skills and social justice values
- Assist staff with outreach and follow-up for participants in 21 Progress programs
- Assist in organizing, outreach, and leading events and workshops for professionals and community residents
- Strategize and assist in implementation of new programs and services
- Participate in staff meetings to contribute to brainstorming sessions, program updates and general feedback
- Maintain program and participant data entry and database management
- Represent 21 Progress at community events
- Provide written items for organization publications
- Research issues and programs relevant to immigrant justice and youth leadership development
- Maintain confidentiality for program participants consistent with 21 Progress’ standards of practice
- Be interested in social justice and leadership development for immigrants and youth of color
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, online social media, and email communication
- College-level written and oral English communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to keep reliable work hours
- Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old
- Work one-on-one with a hands-on and passionate staff person. Check out 21P’s amazing team here
- Join an expansive a powerful network of social justice activists, and movement builders
- Orientation, training, goal-setting, supervision and professional support will be provided
- All interns should expect to walk away with new hard skills, first-hand experience working with professionals and clients, and deep understanding of social justice non-profit work
- Right in the heart of the Seattle’s international district, learn and work in one of the most beautiful and diverse neighborhoods in the U.S.
How To Apply:
Complete & submit the intern application form using the link below. All applicants are asked to include a current resume and cover letter.
Internship positions are extremely competitive. Undergraduates, graduate students and graduating senior high school activists are encouraged to apply early. All applications must be received by January 29th, 2016. All final decisions will be made by February 22nd, 2016.
Intern Application Form: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/vQfBND_CJC1zaiBwzJVgmA
About 21 Progress
21 PROGRESS runs programs and campaigns that empower leaders among the hard working people of Washington and advances bold ideas for economic and social justice. 21 Progress serves youth and young adults of color, and many who identify as undocumented or immigrant workers and/or students. If you’re interested in learning more about internship or volunteer opportunities contact 21 Progress at email@example.com or (206) 829-8382.