We aim to give all of our volunteers a collaborative experience that they find valuable, and provide opportunities for education, not just service.
Ideal candidates are interested in social change, want to be involved with their community, and are ready to gain experiences working with diverse individuals. Some other features we look for in all of our volunteers:
- Must be enthusiastic about promoting social justice; previous experience with social justice issues and advocacy is preferred, but we welcome volunteers just beginning to explore justice and leadership.
- Embody social justice values; high integrity and commitment to serving diverse communities.
- A team-player who can contribute innovative ideas and is excited to learn; eager to work with underserved communities
- Able to take direction quickly and effectively; meets deadlines
- Complies with confidentiality laws; will not share private information about clients with others outside of 21 Progress
We accept and invite volunteer applications from people of all genders, ages, ethnicity, and sexual orientations to work in our collaborative space.
Your support and volunteerism are vital to our mission. See below for available internships and volunteer positions.
BOLD SUMMER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN:
Volunteer Opportunities: PROGRAM SUPPORT
We currently do not need assistance in programming support.
Volunteer Opportunities: MARKETING & FUNDRAISING SUPPORT
- Google AdWords & Marketing Volunteer Consultant: Set up and manage 21 Progress’ Google AdWords account. Provide advice and guidance to 21 Progress’ Executive Director on how to get the most out of our online marketing campaigns.
- Volunteer Copy Writer: Help 21 Progress put its best foot forward in our marketing and outreach materials. May include assistance with text on pamphlets, annual reports, webpages, posters, etc.
- Volunteer Event Planner: Work with staff to brainstorm, plan, and execute 21 Progress events. Find creative ways to make fundraising events and volunteer appreciation events special and successful.
- Volunteer Grant Writer: Assist the Executive Director in raising money to support 21 Progress’ innovative programs.
- Volunteer Graphic Designer: Help design 21 Progress’ promotional and informational print materials. This will support our community engagement, program event, and fundraising activities.
- Volunteer Photographer: Document 21 Progress’ fundraising and outreach events, including tabling and teaching events or activities, to build up a collection of stock photos for 21 Progress’ promotional materials.
- Volunteer Video Editor: Support the Programs Director by going through our current promotional and program footage to select the best segments. Edit and create a video that shares 21 Progress’ work and programs with the community.
- Volunteer Web Content Writer & Designer: Help 21 Progress flesh out our website. We would love to include more detail about our programs, more photos, and ensure that site visitors are able to find the information they are looking for easily.
Volunteer Opportunities: OFFICE SUPPORT
We currently do not need assistance in office support.
To apply for available volunteer positions, please send us an email referencing the position title in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions or want to contribute in a different way? Feel free to send us an e-mail at email@example.com